When I first glanced at this recipe, I wasn’t sure. It sounded weird and not appealing. When I picture a “chicken salad” in my head – especially one that will be put in a pita – I think cold, creamy, heavy mayo-based. Don’t you? Well I was proven so wrong. It is different and delicious! I substituted celery with onion because I didn’t have any celery on hand. Instead of milk, I drank water. It’s so refreshing.
Absolutely to die for! I am making this again. As soon as possible.
Chicken Salad Pita
- 2 ounces chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cooked
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, low-fat
- 2 tablespoons celery, fresh, diced
- 2 teaspoons almonds, roasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 pita, whole-wheat, large
- 4 fluid ounces milk, fat-free
- Cut up chicken and mix with mayonnaise, celery and almonds until thoroughly combined.
- Split pita in half and spoon chicken salad into pita pockets.
- Enjoy with a small glass of milk.