You know when you have a craving for that greasy sub? A hoagie filled with caramelized onions, soft green pepper and delicious warm beef? Beachbody has given it a healthy twist! It’s all about portion. Don’t load up on the garlic mayonnaise, and don’t pile up the beef. It still tastes just as good as if you got a ginormous order. And if you want more, go back for seconds. But give yourself a few minutes before getting up to get that second serving. The stomach can be a tad bit slow in sending the “I’m full” message to the brain.
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 3 ounces beef, sirloin, raw
- 1/3 cup bell peppers, green, sliced
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 whole wheat hoagie roll, small
- 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic. Cover and refrigerate.
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sauté beef until lightly browned. Stir in green pepper and onion. Sauté vegetables until tender and remove from heat.
- Spread bun with garlic mayonnaise. Place beef mixture in bun. Top with shredded cheese and oregano.
- Heat sandwich in preheated oven, until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy meal with your favorite calorie-free beverage.