Apples are high in vitamin C and dietary fiber, making them an easy way to fill up on relatively few calories. Tote one as a portable snack, or use in delicious recipes, like the one below.
Baked Apples with Cinnamon and Walnuts
Makes 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place apples in a baking dish.
- Pour pomegranate juice over apples. This will become a syrup as the apples cook.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon and bake for 30 minutes, basting with the syrup, or until apples are soft, but still hold their shape.
- Serve each apple topped with walnuts and syrup.