Shredded apple keeps these chicken burgers moist and flavorful without adding any extra fat. Serve with potato salad or coleslaw dressed with a mustard vinaigrette.
Yields: 4 main-dish servings
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken
- 1/4 cup(s) (about 1/2 stalk) finely chopped celery
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup(s) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- From each apple, cut 6 thin slices crosswise from center (for a total of 12 apple rings). From remainder, coarsely shred 3/4 cup apples. Spray ridged grill pan with nonstick cooking spray; heat pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- In medium bowl, stir shredded apple with poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper until blended. Mix in chicken and celery just until combined, but do not overmix. Shape chicken mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick burgers, handling mixture as little as possible.
- Place burgers in grill pan; cook 10 to 12 minutes or just until chicken loses its pink color throughout, turning over once. Serve burgers on buns with apple rings and cranberry sauce.
Nutritional Information (per serving)