I can’t even contain how much you are going to love this interesting (is that a strange word to use when describing food? maybe), plant-based recipe. Healthy and mouthwatering toasted pasta with fantastic edamame or green beans or zucchini, tomatoes, and corn tossed with sea salt, olive oil, garlic, and onion. This is one of those recipes that I am so, so happy I found!
Toasted Pasta with Garlic, Onion, Sea Salt & Vegetables
- 8 ounces whole wheat capellini or vermicelli (any thin style spaghetti broken into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups edamame, green beans or zucchini (thaw first if using frozen)
- 2 medium to large size tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup corn (thaw first if using frozen)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp Chicken-less Bouillon
- 2-3 scallions, green parts only thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium high heat. Add the spaghetti pieces and cook until lightly browned, stirring often. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pot and heat over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic and salt. Cook 4-5 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add the edamame, tomatoes and corn. Cook stirring occasionally until the tomato has softened.
- Stir in the broth and the toasted pasta. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes until the pasta is tender. Stir in the Chicken-less Bouillon to thicken the remaining liquid.
- Garnish with the scallion.
Makes 4 servings
Source: I modified this from the original at a great blog I’m loving recently, called The Naked Kitchen!