The Halloween decorations are up, and you’re already planning out Halloween night (party? or awesome Disney Halloween movies?). You’ve pulled out the flannel and the boots. You’re all dressed up for a fall day, and you’re craving something pumpkin-flavored. While a Pumpkin Spice Latte sounds delicious, these Pumpkin Protein Pancakes are healthier. Now that sounds like a much better way to enjoy this fall flavor.
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes 411
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
Yields: each 3 small pancakes, 2 servings
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 large egg whites (⅓ cup)
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup quick cook oats
1 scoop vanilla flavor whey protein powder
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine pumpkin, egg whites, almond milk, and extract in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Combine quick cook oats, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
3. Add oat mixture to pumpkin mixture; mix until just blended.
4. Heat large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray over medium heat.
Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top.
Flip. Cook for 90 seconds, or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Divide pancakes between two serving plates; top evenly with yogurt.
Tip: Leftover pancakes can be reheated in the toaster.