Recently, on the gluten-free baking company Udi’s Facebook page, they asked about your favorite gluten-free recipes. I replied with mine – this Seductive Pasta with artichoke hearts, golden raisins, garlic, fresh parm, and pecans. Many people asked for the recipe, so here it is.
We discovered this recipe about 4 years ago the first time our family went gluten-free (before we gave up, and then just recently went “back” for good).
Full disclosure, this isn’t our recipe. It’s from the Gluten Free Goddess.
Last night was cold and windy here in the high desert. The dark came way too early. I cooked up a batch of my favorite Tinkyada brown rice spaghetti, and tossed it in a savory sauce that evokes the best of autumn with a touch of fall sweetness, garlic, and crunch.
Gluten-Free Seductive Pasta
with Artichoke Hearts, Raisins & Pecans
Note: You can easily swap out regular spaghetti or any traditional pasta if you don’t require or don’t prefer gluten-free!
3/4 lb Tinkyada Pasta Joy Spaghetti
4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4-5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 10-oz package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, chopped
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup pecan pieces, chopped, briefly toasted in a dry skillet
A splash of Calvados or Cognac
1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Add a tablespoon of sea salt to a large pot of water, and bring it to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until it is al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet, and add the garlic; stir just until the garlic begins to soften and turn golden. Add the chopped artichokes and stir; season with basil.
- When the artichokes soften, add the raisins and a splash of Calvados; shake the pan and cook lightly – just until the pasta is ready. When the pasta is done, drain and transfer it into the waiting skillet.
- Toss the pasta into the sauce to coat; add the pecans and sprinkle with half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano; toss again and stir in the pecans and cheese.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Spoon into warm shallow plates and serve immediately with a dusting of the remaining cheese.
- Serves 2-3