What is the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse?
The Shakeology 3 day cleanse plan started spreading around because people were noticing their bodies felt a lot better after following it. It is not an official program that is endorsed by Shakeology. It is a daily routine that includes Shakeology as a main component. Of course individual results will vary, but the reason you have heard about this regimen is because individuals were noticing their bodies felt lighter and they were less run down after the 3 day period. We have our version of the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse below for you to download. Our version has been perfected by talking to our customers and finding out how those 3 days went, ways it could have gone better, and where it made the best impact on them.
Shakeology Clinical Study
The company that makes Shakeology actually did something very out of the ordinary in the natural foods/supplement industry: they got clinical data to explain how Shakeology users were reporting the shake made a difference in their lives. The study found that by eating healthy and consistently using Shakeology, the study participants’ bodies were cleaned of toxins, heavy metals, chemicals, and backed up fecal matter. The study found that individual results do vary, but a significant number of Shakeology users’ bodies began to process nutrients more efficiently, which in some resulted in their bodies increase the amount of weight lost through their existing exercise regimen and healthy eating. Here are some more highlights from the Shakeology study:
- A clinical study showed Shakeology helps you lose weight, maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and support healthy blood sugar levels (as measured by HbA1C*)
*Glycated hemoglobin (or HbA1c) is widely used in clinical practice as the gold standard glycemic control indicator. There is a direct relationship between HbA1c and average blood sugar levels. Because HbA1c reflects the average blood glucose concentration over the previous few months – it is currently the most widely used index of average glycemia for the routine monitoring and prevention of long-term complications of obesity and diabetes.
- The research was conducted through an independent clinical trial sponsored by Beachbody, the manufacturer of Shakeology. A total of 50 subjects were instructed to consume Shakeology as their breakfast and lunch each day for 12 weeks. No other restrictions were placed on diet or exercise, so the participants were able to maintain their lifestyle over the 12 week period. Researchers conducted extensive before and after medical testing at baseline, 4, 8 and 12 week intervals, along with detailed patient interviews, which validated the comprehensive health improvements experienced by the participants in 12 weeks.
- The reason study participants were instructed to drink 2 shakes per day was to isolate the efficacy of Shakeology and compare it side-by-side with the majority of clinical studies that aimed to test the effects of other meal replacement shakes. The Shakeology clinical study followed the protocol employed by most others, which is the replacement of 2 meals a day and hence 2 shakes.
How does the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse relate to the longer term use of Shakeology in the study?
Simply put, the goal of the Shakeology 3 day cleanse it to kick start the process of optimizing your body’s performance. The 3-day plan has you follow a more strict healthy eating schedule, and cut out most of the things doctors tell you to avoid in general. By being aggressive without feeling uncomfortable, people feel some of the things indicated in the clinical study – like relief of bloating and excess waste stuck in the bowels. Our own personal customers seem to average between 3-7 pounds of weight loss during the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse, depending on how healthy they were eating before following the program and how athletic they were to begin with. We can certainly say that customers who followed our version of the 3 Day Cleanse feel optimistic about what they can achieve over a longer, but reasonable, period of time. You probably know why that is important: the idea that you have to go on some restrictive diet and put in an hour at the gym every day – for 3+ months can seem dreadful.
Is the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse your typical cleanse where you eat hardly anything and feel like a zombie?
No, the Shakeology 3 day cleanse isn’t like your typical drugstore cleanse, which often consists of a laxative or laxatives, an herb that is an appetite suppressant, and maybe some flavored water that has electrolytes. That type of typical cleanse is where you have VERY few calories and VERY few nutrients for a few days to a few weeks. The Shakeology 3 day cleanse is a calorie restricted regimen, but it’s a nutrient dense plan which contains a lot of protein and healthy fats to keep you satiated. It depends on how you individually follow the plan, but with the Shakeology 3 day cleanse you’ll generally be eating more often and be taking in anywhere between 800 to 1,200 calories per day. It’s advised that you take in more calories than you “need to”, so you don’t collapse.
Why & When to Do the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse
People do cleanses for a number of reasons, but a lot of our customers start after they get home from a vacation where they’ve been eating lots of junk and drinking lots of alcohol. We also have had brides do it before their wedding day. Some do it to kick start a big fitness journey. You are going to feel more in control of your body and your life, when you follow along with our written plan that guides you on what to eat, when to eat it, why, how many Shakeology shakes you should have, and the positive reinforcement of our community of past and present users of the regimen.
What Do You Need for The Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse?
Here’s your shopping list so that you can get started with the Shakeology 3 day cleanse.
1. Bag Of Shakeology. Get yourself a bag of Shakeology here. This will be a 30 day bag when you are having one shake per day, but you use it faster while during this period. We highly recommend that you not only use Shakeology during the 3 day cleanse, but make it a part of your daily eating and drinking habits. There is a Home Direct (aka Auto Ship) option, which gives free shipping and a slightly discounted price – plus a 30-minute and 50-minute workout app or DVD, and a published book outlining every single ingredient in Shakeology.
2. Green Tea. You can buy bags of green tea at any grocery store. We recommend getting the kind that has closer to whole leaves vs. powdered leaves, and that is certified organic. If possible, consider finding your local Chinese or Japanese foods store and asking to see their teas. Many will let you brew a quick cup to sample. They can suggest high quality green tea that is not able to be matched in mass grocery store brands. You will need at least 6 teabags for this regimen.
3. Fruit (optional). This is optional, but if you need the added calories then you’ll need to have some fruit that you enjoy such as apples, oranges, bananas, pears, etc. You’ll want to have enough so that you can eat 1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day.
4. Salad. We recommend that you avoid the iceberg lettuce and just buy a bag of the “darker green” lettuce. Iceberg lettuce has a very low nutrient density and it’s really just like eating water. So get a bag of spinach leaves or other darker green salad.
5. Chicken Or Fish (optional). This is also optional, but when we do the Shakeology 3 day cleanse it is something we personally include to get some additional protein and calories. If you decide to get this you’ll need enough for 3 dinners to either go on top of your salad or with your salad. Obviously it needs to be natural, white grilled with no additives (nothing fried).
Step By Step Instructions On How To Do The Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse
So you’ve committed to do the Shakeology 3 day cleanse and to stick with it no matter what. Congrats for making that commitment! Below is a document that will walk you through the Shakeology 3 day cleanse and what exactly you’ll be eating each day and when. There’s also an FAQ section and an article that talks about the science behind the Shakeology 3 day cleanse. Print this document out since it will be your eating plan for the next 3 days…
- How To Do Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse – ChrisByrnes.com [PDF Format]
- Order Shakeology for the 3-Day Cleanse [You must order through this special link. It helps us track you accurately in our system so we can be fully accountable to your results. Please forward your order confirmation email to newcleanse@ChrisByrnesLLC.com and we’ll share an e-gift right away!]
Here’s to your health!
Thanks for visiting! Make sure to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Account to get support, to help keep you motivated, and to gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your fitness & health goals.