BPH is a non-cancerous (benign) enlargement of the prostate. Your prostate grew to normal size during your teenage years. Usually, the prostate grows to the size of a walnut. The prostate may begin to grow again when a man reaches middle age. The reasons for this growth are not fully known. By the age of 80, 80% of men have BPH. BPH causes symptoms in many older men. Most all of them look for ways to shrink their prostate and end the annoying symptoms.
What are the Symptoms of an Enlarged Prostate?
An enlarged prostate presses on the urethra. The pressure can obstruct the flow of urine through the urethra. Obstruction of the flow of urine can cause problems, including:
- Frequent urination, especially at night (nocturia)
- Weak urine flow
- Sudden urge to urinate (urgency)
- Trouble starting and stopping your urine stream (hesitation)
- Inability to completely empty your bladder
- Pushing or straining to urinate
- Pain or burning during urination
Some Find Alternative & Natural Remedies Ease BPH
- Saw Palmetto
- Vitamin C
- Alcohol, within reason (generally suggested up to 2 drinks per day)