You ever been on those fad diets that just completely eliminates your favorite foods? It’s so painful, and eventually you crack and binge on the foods you miss? Well, with this Beachbody Meal Planner, that’s not an option. Today, because of the weather warming up outside and it being a beautiful Saturday, I decided to make Turkey Burgers!
I didn’t use buns, because I’ve yet to find a gluten-free bun that goes well with burgers (any suggestions?). But the burgers were delicious. I added some Sargento’s Ultra-thin Mild Cheddar slices on top.
I added a side of sweet potato fries for a small indulgence since I had eliminated buns.
Tasty Turkey Burger
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
3 1/4 ounces lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
1 ounce cheddar cheese, low fat
- Preheat broiler or start grill.
- Combine turkey with onion, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, black pepper and bread crumbs ; mix well.
- Form into a patty; set aside.
- Grill or broil turkey burgers until turkey is no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
- Place slice of cheese on burger and heat until melted.
- BURGER TIME! Eat.