I’m in the process of reading Tony Horton’s book, Bring It, and I’m finding little tips and tidbits of knowledge in his book that I just want to share with the rest of you! Here’s one for today!
I’m always looking for ways to enhance this amazing journey called life. For me, this often requires examining behavior where I’ve fallen short and trying to alter my approach the next time around. From this self-knowledge, I’ve created a list called The 7. When I do all 7, my day is as good as it gets.
- Sleep My perfect day starts the night before. If I get 7.5 to 8 hours of sleep, I’m revved up and ready to hit the ground running. My body heals the best when I’m sleeping.
- Workout Like you didn’t know this was going to be on the list! My workouts affect all aspects of my life—mind, body, spirit, and beyond. And while I exercise, I focus my thoughts on maximizing my workout.
- Whole foods Fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats provide the fuel I need for a whole life.
- Supplements They assist with the recovery from workouts and provide energy for the next one.
- Attitude The more time spent asking questions to find solutions in life, the more exciting life becomes. Focus on what works, not on what doesn’t.
- Charity Whether it’s sending flowers to a friend, working with kids, or running in a race for charity, when you focus on others, you’ll find true happiness. So choose something and sign up! Helping others who are less fortunate will make you feel grateful for the body you have.
- Downtime Turn off the tube. Read, meditate, or talk to people you love.