Star ingredient: skinless, boneless chicken breasts, which deliver plenty of protein with almost no artery-clogging saturated fat. Whole wheat couscous and pears add beneficial fiber, and Roma beans serve up multiple plant nutrients.
Yields: 4 main-dish servings
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 package(s) (9-ounce) frozen Roma beans
- 1 1/3 cup(s) whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil, see direction step 2
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil, see direction step 3
- 4 small (about 1 pound) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 2 Bosc pears, each unpeeled, cored, and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- Prepare Roma beans and couscous as labels direct.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium until hot. Add chicken and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once. Transfer chicken to plate.
- In same skillet, in remaining oil, cook pear wedges 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- In cup, mix broth,vinegar, and cornstarch; add to skillet with pears. Heat to boiling on medium-high. Boil 1 minute. Return chicken and any juice on plate to skillet; heat through.
Nutritional Information (per serving)