Sometimes you just want a cold, creamy treat. But healthy ice cream is really hard to find because they load it up with sugar and chemicals. Look no further, I’ve got the solution for you. It’s Banana ice cream! The texture is the same, and it tastes OH SO GOOD. Even more awesome? It’s healthy for you, both vegan and raw, with all the great nutrients bananas have to offer.
Raw Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time: 2 hours
Equipment: Blender or Food Processor Ingredients
5 to 6 very ripe bananas
Optional: Flavorings such as honey, cocoa powder, jello mousse, nuts, Vegan Vanilla Shakeology, ANYTHING!
- Get a bunch of bananas. I use between 5 and 7 (usually one bunch). They must be very ripe so it’s sweet.
- Peel and cut them into one-inch slices.
- Layer them in a glass pan or something that is able to withstand the freezer.
- Put in the freezer for TWO hours.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and put them in a food processor or a blender.
- Run the pulse for about 45 seconds or until it looks somewhat creamy.
- (Optional) If you want to add flavor, this is when you add it. I added the Jello Temptations Mousse, Dark Chocolate.
- Pulse until the texture is creamy.
It makes about 4-6 servings per batch.