These grilled, tangy balsamic apple and pork skewers with red onion, black pepper, and fruit preserves are punched with flavor and packed with protein and fiber. Eat in less than a half hour!
Total Time: 27 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
(Makes 2 servings, 2 skewers each)
- 10 oz. raw pork loin, cut into 12 cubes
- 1 medium apple (like Braeburn), peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. all-natural tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. all-fruit plum preserves (or apricot preserves)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
How to Prepare Your Delicious Balsamic Apple Pork Skewers:
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium-high.
- Combine vinegar, tomato paste, and preserves in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Place a piece of pork, a wedge of apple, and a wedge of onion onto a skewer. Repeat, and add an additional piece of pork. Each skewer will have three pieces of pork, two pieces of apple, and two pieces of onion. Repeat with three remaining skewers.
- Brush skewers with oil; season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill or broil skewers for 5 to 6 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
- Brush with vinegar mixture; cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, and brushing occasionally with vinegar mixture, until pork is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
|293||7 g||2 g||69 mg||492 mg||29 g||5 g||20 g||30 g|