Get all the winter vegetables, incredible herbs, sea salt and black pepper to lift the flavors, and let the sizzle from a skillet or griddle make it happen. This is another recipe I tried from The Naked Kitchen, and it’s just amazing. These beautiful root vegetable pancakes are hearty, even though they’re sized smaller than a typical pancake made with traditional ingredients. If, for no other reason than you’re curious how this might turn out, the inner foodie in you must give this a try!
- 1 large beet, shredded (about 1 packed cup)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (about 1 packed cup)
- 1 small/medium onion, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup garbanzo flour
- 1-2 tsp neutral flavor oil for pan
- Place the grated vegetables in a bowl and mix together with the rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the garbanzo flour and stir until combined. The juice from the vegetables mixed with the flour will make the mixture sticky.
- Lightly oil a large skillet or griddle and place over medium high heat.
- Drop the vegetable mixture by spoonfuls (about 1/4 cup) onto the griddle and press down gently to flatten slightly.
- Cook until browned, about 5 minutes before flipping over. Cook 3-4 minutes on the other side or until brown and crispy outside and tender inside.
- Serve hot.
Nutrients per serving:
- Calories: 108, Cal. from Fat: 23
- Total Fat: 4g, Sat. Fat: 1g
- Carbs: 19g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 218mg
- Chol: 0mg
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Makes: 10 pancakes