I am a highly driven, analytical, and goal-oriented person with 14 successful cycles of organizing experience in two states, which includes:
- Leading staff and volunteer teams
- Developing and growing political relationships
- Building coalitions with community stakeholders
- Designing and implementing field plans and issue advocacy
- Spearheading voter contact and voter registration campaigns
- Delivering information and educating the public
I am presently the Organizing Director at Bring It Home Florida, a grassroots, nonpartisan and non-profit organization that empowers everyday people to fight for Florida’s future. Our teams are experts at voter registration and they engage the voters in their own communities. It’s all about neighbors talking to neighbors.
While serving as the Organizing & Outreach Director for the Broward Democratic Party, we:
- Successfully led the restructuring of voter registration and vote-by-mail signup efforts for aggressive targets
- Formulated a field plan for the 2023 municipal elections, collaborating with Democratic candidates to established agreed upon goals, messaging, and targeted audience groups
- Strengthened collaboration between the party and important stakeholders such as Democratic clubs, caucuses, labor, non-profits, and the grassroots
- Developed and executed fundraising strategies, utilizing strong relationship building skills and knowledge of bills, legislation, and direction of the party to best reach donors
- Designed and implemented community outreach and visibility campaigns
At the Florida Democratic Party, I served as the Regional Organizing Director for Broward, subsequent to my roles of Voter Registration Organizer and Paid Canvasser.
Growing partnerships between the Democratic Party and community stakeholders was one of my chief priorities.
I currently sit on the Board of Directors for the Broward Young Democrats, which is a party caucus.
Organizing during the first presidential campaign in a global pandemic with the Democratic Party of Wisconsin and the Biden-Harris Presidential Campaign was challenging but so rewarding. Our volunteer leaders were able to pivot from canvassing to phonebanking and still deliver a win in the field.
Next, I joined the team at For Our Future Action Fund and organized Milwaukee’s Sherman Park & Riverwest areas. Electing a qualified State Superintendent of Public Instruction is especially important to voters in these underserved communities. Voters chose the progressive candidate.
My wife and I co-founded the Menomonee Falls Action Team in 2017, where we organized teams of volunteers to create change in their very own neighborhoods. During our tenure, we:
- Built a volunteer infrastructure to take year-round action
- Increased Democratic turnout in our conservative community by more than 3%
- Helped deliver gubernatorial, Wisconsin Supreme Court, and U.S. Senate wins
Small business owner, economic development leader, newspaper reporter and blogger, and radio DJ in Chicago and Wisconsin.